Full Circle

My last entry took me full circle. I began this blog because I had written a few lines of code, but I had not read the instructions well enough to deploy either a stand alone application or an applet embedded in a web page. Now that I have a rudimentary applet running in a web page I am where I was when I began.

For the last few days I have been writing code again. There has been nothing to write about because there was no-one but myself to blame for any errors or confusion. I have had moments of frustration with NetBeans. It takes too much control. But for now the benefits outweigh the annoyances.

I have thought it might be nice to find a VB-Java dictionary, like a French-English dictionary, but then I took advantage of the NetBeans code writing aids to answer my questions without searching too far.

The question is where to go next in the Java Tutorial to make my Java applet more like Windows client-server application it sets out to mimic. There are three areas I need to research: a timer, dynamic graphics, and storing data. I am not quite sure where to begin. Certainly I shall be using the tutorial more as a reference document from now on, rather than reading it like a book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few notes on JavaScript

Forum Comments on Java Applets

Creating a Custom Swing Component